As we all knew that our school and higher education policy has been revised after around 34 years. We also know that all the students as well as parents are a little confused about the things now. Like what are the rules in the NEP2020, what their children have to study. Is it changing for government schools or private schools. And there are a lot more things which are making students as well as their parents confused.
Now let us discuss this policy in detail and let us also see what the New Education Policy consists of by the Union Cabinet?.
When the New Education policy is formed ?
The Modi government reported the NEP 2020 which realizes a few significant changes in training in India. PM Modi said that this change would change the lives of a huge number of Indians. Among the significant changes, the 10+2 structure in the tutoring framework has been supplanted by a 5+3+3+4 structure.
The New National Education Policy was affirmed by the Union Cabinet on 29 July, 2020 . It also renamed the Ministry of Human Resource and Development as the Ministry of Education. It will bring groundbreaking changes in public and private schools and advanced education frameworks in the nation. This is the principal instruction strategy of the 21st century and replaces the 34-year-old National Policy on Education (NPE), 1986.
New National Education Policy 2020: Facts at a Glance
The point of the new arrangement is the universalization of instruction from pre-school to auxiliary level with 100% Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) in school training by 2030.
- Through the open tutoring framework, the NEP 2020 will bring 2 crores out of younger students once more into the standard.
- As I said in the beginning that the current 10+2 framework in the school will be supplanted by another 5+3+3+4 curricular structure relating to ages 3-8, 8-11, 11-14, and 14-18 years separately. Under the school educational plan, this new framework will bring a revealed age gathering of 3 to 6 years. This is the age that has been perceived comprehensively as the vital stage for the advancement of intellectual capacities of a youngster.
- according to the new strategy, there will be 12 years of tutoring with three years of Anganwadi/pre-tutoring.
- The new approach underscores on Foundational Literacy and Numeracy. There will be no inflexible partition between scholarly streams, extracurricular, professional streams in schools. From class 6, Vocational Education will begin with temporary positions.
- according to the New Education Policy instructing up to in any event Grade 5 will be in first language or regionall language. No language will be forced on any understudy.
- Assessment changes with Holistic Progress Card (360 degree) and for accomplishing learning results progress of the understudies will be followed.
- NCTE in meeting with NCERT will plan another and far reaching National Curriculum Framework for Teacher Education, NCFTE 2021. The base level of capability for encouraging will be 4-year incorporated B.Ed. degree by 2030.
Changes in Higher education
- In higher education, Gross Enrollment Ratio to be raised to half by 2035 and 3.5 crore seats to be included advanced education.
- Higher Education educational plan to have Flexibility of Subjects.
- Various Entry/Exit to be permitted with pertinent confirmation.
- To encourage Transfer of Credits, the Academic Bank of Credits will be set up.
- For cultivating a solid examination culture and building research limit across advanced education, National Research Foundation will be made as a pinnacle body.
- Higher Education Commission of India (HECI) will be set up for the whole advanced education, barring clinical and lawful instruction. It will be a solitary larger umbrella body.
- Higher Education Commission of India (HECI) will have four autonomous verticals in particular National Higher Education Regulatory Council (NHERC) for guideline, General Education Council (GEC ) for standard-setting, Higher Education Grants Council (HEGC) for financing, and National Accreditation Council( NAC) for accreditation.
- In 15 years, Affiliation System to be eliminated with evaluated self-governance to universities
What is this policy changing for teachers?
As we know that the standards of education are getting high, so the need for teachers with higher training and educational knowledge will also be needed. The four year dedicated Bachelors of education (B ed) will be provided as an undergraduate program.
But the current 2 year program will also work till 2030.
What is the new education system, is changing for professionals?
So from now, all professional eduaction will come under the roof of higher education.
Independent technical, health science, legal and agricultural universities and institutions will be discontinued.
In MBBS, the first two years will be common for every science graduate and after that they can decide, what they want to do further, like MBBS, BDS or any other medical or nursing course.
Some more important points about this NEP2020!
NEP 2020 will likewise accentuate in setting up of the Gender Inclusion Fund, Special Education Zones for distraught locales, and gatherings.
- To expand the open interest in the instruction segment to arrive at 6% of GDP at the most punctual and for this, both the Center and the States will cooperate.
- In the two schools and advanced education, NEP will advance Multilingualism. In this way, the National Institute for Pali, Persian, and Prakrit, Indian Institute of Translation and Interpretation to be set up.
So these are some significant focuses about India’s New National Education Policy (NEP), 2020. Trusting that this approach will support work in the nation and will fundamentally change our instructive biological system. Let us also hope that through the new education system each and every student will come out from school with some skill not only with book knowledge.